This site was started for testing kiwitrees latest install, and then I got hooked on the characters. The family tree is that of titled British aristocracy of the United Kingdom and persons from European countries that married into them. The original 1992 GEDCOM that I found online wasn't in the best of condition, so I'm attempting to modify and update the file and adding some photos. It's only meant to contain basic information. Every effort has been made to use public domain information and images, therefore the primary source is Wikipedia.
You do not require a username/password to view "The Royals -- Long Live the Monarchy".
- In historic times, many families belonged to "House of XYZ" where the "XYZ" was the territory the patriarch or matriarch ruled. The British Royal Family never had last names until 1917, when King George V changed the "house name" to Windsor and made that the Royal Family's last name.
- For women, both maiden and married names are added to help ascertain their identity.
- "Number of children" found on the record of a father and mother equals the total number of children. For example, three children are shown in the panel on the side whereas "Number of children" show 5, indicating two children do not have their own record but details, if known, are as shown. Typical reason is they were stillborn or died in infancy.
- Illegitimate children maybe shown with the women that bore them, either as part of the partner's record or with corresponding individual records.
- While there are over 4,000 (Aug 2015) members in the database, many, many more are still to be added. Spouses, children, parents and/or siblings. These members were not part of the original database import so will be added once information can be verified.
23 March 2016 - 11:02:09
By the numbers...
The Royals 3.3.1 -- Long Live the Monarchy: was last updated on 23 September 2017.
Login or Register
On this day
|Olga Margarita Valerie Elisabeth Stephanie Alexandra Leiningen||Leiningen,Olga Margarita Valerie Elisabeth Stephanie Alexandra||23 October 1984||0||35||35||Birth|
- 2017 SEP 17: upgrade to The Royals 3.3.1; 4,301 royal members
- 2016 APR 22: upgrade to The Royals 3.2.3; 4,301 royal members
- 2016 APR 15: upgrade to The Royals 3.2.1; 4,294 royal members
- 2016 MAR 08: upgrade to The Royals 3.2.0 at new URL; 4,113 royal members
- 2016 MAR 03: upgrade to The Royals 3.2.0; 4,113 royal members
- 2015 AUG 23: added Fancy Tree View (narrative) menu
- 2015 JUL 30: upgrade to The Royals 3.1.1: 4,088 royal members
- 2015 JUL 28: added image to home page HTML block
- 2015 JUL 25: modified Colors theme for Contacts page
- 2015 JUL 21: modified Place Hierarchy to display in single column
- 2015 JUL 20: upgrade to The Royals 3.1, about 3,300 royal members
- 2015 MAR 03: first edition of The Royals 3.0 - 3, 010 royal members; created from a 1992 Dec 25 GEDCOM fil.e by Denis Reid with the notice
From now back to the beginning
|1952 - present||Elizabeth II||Windsor|
|55||1702-1714||Anne de Mortimer||Stuart (restored)|
|54||1689-1694||Mary II||Stuart (restored)|
|53||1689-1702||William IIII||Stuart (restored)|
|52||1685-1688||James II||Stuart (restored)|
|51||1660-1685||Charles II||Stuart (restored)|
|26||1141||Empress Matilda (Queen Maud)||Norman|
|20||1042-1066||Edward (the Confessor)||Saxon|
|15||1016||Edmund II (Ironside)||Wessex|
|Æthelred II (Ethelred the Unready)||Wessex|
|12||975-978||Edward the Martyr||Wessex|
|12||959-975||Edgar the Peaceable||Wessex|
|11||955-959||Eadwig (Edwy) All-Fair||Wessex|
|9||940-946||Edmund the Magnificent||Wessex|
|7||899-925||Edward the Elder||Wessex|
|6||871-899||Alfred the Great||Wessex|
- Site Admin
23 March 2016 - 11:04:01